2013-10-04

MAX292 low pass filter a failure


















So I used a breadboard to assemble the Max292 low pass filter with clock 4.8K Hz.  The results is terrible, with spike amplified.

The old RC low pass filter, on the other hand gives good results.

I guess there is something wrong with the MAX292 circuit.  But the input signal might also be the cause of trouble.  The output from the olimex ckg module is swinging from 0v baseline.  MAX292 expects signal above 0V, so not surprising a problem.  I wonder if I should level shift the olimex ekg module output to above 0V.

.END


1 comment:

  1. Hello, you still work with the Max292? I'm making PCB's with that IC.
    From my experience, it works nice. I have a programmable oscillator to feed the clock, to modify the filter bandwidht.

    ReplyDelete